Bertha process

Process technique of bertha, on the left bertha dress from Hermitage, on the right berta of wedding dress from Met Museum

Sleeves, Metropolitan Museum of Art

Some days ago I finish a bertha for dress and now I working with sleeves pattern. I study some egxamples dress with bertha, but only dating around 1840. Bertha of this time is different from later exaples. They are widespread and sewing together with the front seam. I used technique described by Janet Arnold in her excellent book Patterns of Fashion 1 from page 66. Now I working with sleeves. I choose pattern from dress Met Museum. Bertha is quite different from Hermitage dress, the crossway pleats are from top to bottom, but in my pattern - from bottom to top. The neckline I sew like from Hermitage dress, it is deeper and giving slender line

Skończyłam szycie berty. Technika nie jest skomplikowana ale wymaga cierpliwości, wykorzystałam opis konstrukcji z książki J. Arnold Patterns of Fashions 1. Bazą jest bawełna na którą przyszłam 9 tasiemek ze skosu odpowiednio je układając oraz trzymając się kierunku wątku. Tasiemki berthy mogą być dwojako ułożone albo szyto je z góry na dól lub odwrotnie. Tasiemki mojej berthy układają się z dołu do góry. Następnie zszyłam dwie połowki i przyszyłam do stanika sukni z przodu a teraz czas na modelowanie rękawów.

Brak komentarzy: